Monday, May 26, 2008

New River Gorge Project.




On April 10 3 beautiful eyases where born at the James River Bridge nestsite. They grew up to wonderful and adorable chcklets. Many hundreds of images I posted here on my Blog of them growing up. Both parents Sir James and Elizabeth where with the 3 constantly, guarding them feeding, protecting.
And then all of a sudden they where gone. They did not return from banding.
They where transported to the New River Gorge where they where hacked together with eyases from 2 more nestsites. The panic and stress of the parents struck me intensly. It does trouble me, it still does when young animals are taking from their parents.

But today I saw pictures of the 3 JRB juvi's who have fledged from the hackbox and are in this garden of Eden over at the New River Gorge. Pictures made by mr Gary Hartley who is Chief Park ranger in the New River Gorge Park. Mr Hartley gave me permission last year to use his fabulous pictures of juveniles in the Park om my website.

So this story continues in a very joyfull meet again with the 3 JRB juveniles who are so amazing, and look very happy. They landed in paradise. It is a fantastic Park, it looks like the Amazone. I'm sure they will have a great life over there. I wish them all the very best there is, a long and prosper life. Dear 3 take the chance you where given and live a great life full of joy in one of the most beautiful places there are on our blue planet. May the Great Spirit light your paths through the skies. Climb the highest mountains of clouds, tumble and dive, pull up to the sun and fill the heavens with your honor.

Here they are:



Both females



The male

No comments: