Monday, March 31, 2008

Rochester: second egg!!

Well well, dearest Mariah, the delivery of this second egg was not easy for her! I watched her for hours of pushing and being in anguish. At 3 in the morning she was standing in the nestbox right awake trying to get the thing out. It took her more than 5 hours. But it is there. And she was really exhausted.
As I wrote yesterday, I'm sure the territoral dispute(s) of the past days must have influenced this egg laying, as well as her advancing age. Dear, dearest Mariah, I'm so happy the egg is there. It must be a fierce falcon that's inside developing! Hope the next one will be easier. Just don't make them so big, Mariah, I know you want big strong babies, so you put all kinds of extra nutrients and hormones in your eggs. You are an exceptional mother.

No comments: